- In order to submit data on the reporting portal, FI’s must enter data into a file in Excel or Comma Separated Value (CSV) File.
- Templates for these files are available here along with supporting instructions.
|Bahamas FATCA Financial Institutions File Creation Instructions||Instruction document providing general guidance for creating a file to submit on the TIE portal along with validations.||Version 2016|
|GIIN_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_FATCATemplate_Excel||Sample template in Excel format to assist in uploading data to the TIE portal.||07.01.2015|
|GIIN_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_FATCATemplate_CSV1||Sample template in CSV format to assist in uploading data to the TIE portal.||07.01.2015|
|Bahamas FI Reporting EXAMPLES||Displays an example to FI’s of what a typical upload file may look like.||07.01.2015|
- The instructions explain the various data fields and required formats.
- Examples are also provided to assist different types of reporting entities.
- FIs should use these templates to start gathering and preparing their data for submissions.
Data Preparation – Important Points
- Use the data template to prepare your data for submission.
- Read and check adherence to validation rules.
- The system will also provide error messages regarding format to help detect validation issues.
- Accuracy of the data is the responsibility of the FI and the system will only check for format and required fields per listed validations.
- Dates must be formatted as “Text”.